Welcome to our Support section!
Whether you're customer or you're considering making a purchase, you will find your questions answered here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. General
- 2. Countdown
- 3. Blast Off
- 4. Space LAB
- 5. Space Challenge
- 6. Training
- 7. Ordering
- 1. What is Math Facts Matter?06.05.18More
Math Facts Matter is an educational software development company that produces a series of applications and tools to help teachers and schools teach their students math facts with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- 2. I need help with a product. Where can I get help?
- 3. Who are these products intended for?06.05.18More
Although our products can be used by anyone, we developed our line of products with schools in mind. The features and capabilities of our applications and reporting reflect the feedback and needs of teachers and school administrators.
- 4. Why are math facts important?06.05.18More
Understanding math facts is essential to being able to reliably and accurately solve more advanced levels of mathematics. Students must have a firm foundation and understanding of math facts, before they can excel in pre-algebra, algebra, and other forms of math.
Studies are suggesting we have a national math fact fluency crisis. Only 1 out of 10 (10%) college students can pass a simple, basic multiplication test.1 Math fact fluency is imperative to living a successful and productive life, as math is used in some form in every occupation and is useful in all areas of life.
1 DeMaioribus, C. (2011). "Automaticity of Basic Math Facts: The Key to Math Success?" Masters Thesis, University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN.
- 5. How do I purchase your products?
- 6. If I'm not satisfied. Can I get a refund?
- 7. I purchased a product. What happens now?06.05.18More
If you placed an order using our online order form, we will be in contact with you shortly.
After we receive an order, we begin setting up the accounts within our system for the products ordered. If we require additional information from you, we will email or call you.
- 1. What grades are best suited for COUNTDOWN?06.05.18More
COUNTDOWN is a classroom practice tool that is best suited for students in Kindergarten to 6th grade.
- 2. What is COUNTDOWN?06.05.18More
COUNTDOWN is a classroom tool that teachers use to help their students practice their math facts at the same time. Teachers use their whiteboard or a white screen to display the math facts to the class and then use the multi-sensory techniques to help students learn to master each one. Click here to learn more.
- 1. What is BLAST OFF?
- 2. What grades is BLAST OFF best suited for?06.05.18More
BLAST OFF is best suited for students that are in 3rd grade and above.
Although it could be used by younger students, we do not recommend it. Students should already be familiar with their math facts. BLAST OFF assesses their ability to recall the facts and helps them practice them quickly, to firmly embed them in their long-term memory.
- 1. What is SPACE LAB?06.05.18More
The SPACE LAB is a huge collection of organized activities and worksheets that teachers can print off and give to their students to quickly practice their math facts. Designed as an independent activity, each worksheet comes with a matching answer key that students can use to grade their work themselves. This saves teachers time and teaches students responsibility, while helping them to practice their math facts. To learn more about SPACE LAB, click here.
- 2. What grades are best suited for SPACE LAB?06.05.18More
Our activities and worksheets are best suited for students in Kindergarten to grade 8.
- 1. What is SPACE CHALLENGE?06.05.18More
SPACE CHALLENGE is an assessment tool that evaluates a student's proficiency with multiplication facts, focusing on the more difficult facts. Our assessment generates a report of which facts they answered within 3 seconds, which they hesitated on, and which they answered incorrectly or not at all. To learn more about SPACE CHALLENGE, click here.
- 2. What grades are best suited for SPACE CHALLENGE?06.05.18More
SPACE CHALLENGE was designed for students in grade 3 and up. Even adults can benefit from this assessment tool.
- 1. Do you provide training on teaching math fact fluency?
- 2. What grade levels are best suited for the training?
- 3. Can I receive training on how to use your software?
- 1. How do I place an order?
- 2. Can I pay for my purchase online?
- 3. Can I pay by purchase order?
- 4. How do I make my order tax exempt?