Have your students practice their math facts using this fun activity!
For this activity, you will just need a puzzle that you can get from the dollar store for $1 and some markers. This works great for individual students and groups.
This activity is appropriate for:
1st grade – 4th grade / 5 – 10 years
1 to 5 players
You will need:
- One puzzle
- Tray or file folder
- Take a puzzle and put it together in a file folder. This makes it easy to flip the puzzle over.
- Select the math facts from the Math Facts Matter level charts.
- Write the math facts you wish to target, or the answers in the same layout as the chart, on the back of the puzzle pieces.
How to Play
- Give each player an equal number of pieces to the puzzle.
- The first player puts down a piece and puts down as many as they can that fit.
- Each player takes a turn adding their pieces to the puzzle.
- The first one to use all their pieces wins.